Nick, our CEO’s message to the global travel community
City Unscripted’s mission is to give you access to the most memorable travel experiences led by incredible local hosts. Even in times of uncertainty, we remain fully committed to that mission. If you need support or assistance, my team and I are here to help and advise.
If you’ve traveled with us before, you know that our team is committed to providing the best service at all times and that you can count on us at every stage of your trip, from planning to advice at destination.
Flexible cancelation policy for customers
We are a customer-first company and aim to provide the highest standards of service at all times. This includes being flexible when it comes to our customers’ cancellation and rebooking needs in these challenging times.
Our policy for travelers with existing bookings
If you’d like to change your travel plans or cancel a booking, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com. We offer the following:
- Customers who cancel a booking more than 24 hours in advance can receive a full refund OR a credit voucher redeemable for the full value of their booking.
- If there’s a change in the local government’s policies within 24 hours of the planned start time which means that we can no longer host the experience, customers will receive a full refund OR a credit voucher redeemable for the full value of their booking.
- Customers with a booking in a city with a travel warning won’t be able to go on the experience and will receive a full refund OR a credit voucher redeemable for the full value of their booking.
If you have questions about the current situation in the destination you’re traveling to, or about our policies please get in touch.
The latest health information
Our policy for new and existing bookings in destinations which are marked as safe by WHO
As destinations reopen and lockdown restrictions are lifted gradually, we have opened many of our cities now but are always keeping a close eye on the restrictions of the country/city and the guidelines of WHO and others.
See the guidelines below and note that each of these is subject to local city, are and country policies (see full list with links below). We intend to:
- Host experiences in the cities where lockdown restrictions have been lifted and the warning levels are minimal.
- We follow the WHO and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times.
- Our hosts are receiving weekly updates, training and are required to follow our policies in compliance with the WHO and local government’s health and safety recommendations.
- Where required, hosts and guests must check their temperature max 6 hours before the start of the experience and certify that the temperature is below 37.3C. If the body temperature is above 37.3C the experience will be cancelled (see Our policy for travelers with existing bookings above)
- Where required, hosts and guests will be required to keep a safe social distance of minimum 1.5 meters from each other at all times (refer to the local governments guidelines as social distancing rules varies by city and area).
- Where required, guests and hosts are required to carry a mask with them at all times. Read the WHO advice for the public: When and how to use masks for further details.
- Where required, on public transport, when entering indoor places, or when walking through particularly crowded areas, hosts and guests must wear a mask.
- The best way to prevent the spread of infections and decrease the risk of getting sick is by washing your hands with plain soap and water, advises the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is essential, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing one’s nose. If soap and water are not available, CDC recommends consumers use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Where required, hosts are required to carry hand sanitizers and use them regularly if there's no access to soap and water (every 30 minutes as a minimum). If you don't have hand sanitiser with you, the host will recommend places where hand sanitizer can be purchased.
Useful links and local travel advisories:
- South Korea